- Protein is shown to help keep you feeling fuller longer
- Aim for 25-30 grams of protein at each meal
- Amino acids found in protein are the building blocks of cells, and beef offers all 9 essential amino acids
- High-quality protein is essential for building and maintaining strength for both your body and your mind
- Just 3 oz. of beef provides 25 grams of protein and 10 essential nutrients in about 170 calories
- To get the same 25 grams of protein as 3 oz. of beef, you would have to eat 3 cups of quinoa or 1 2/3 cups of black beans or 6.5 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Beef is a high-quality protein that also offers zinc, iron and B-vitamins. No other protein source offers the same nutrient mix
- Lean beef provides 10 essential nutrients with less than 10 grams of total fat and less than 10% of your daily calories
Strength 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan
This 7-day menu showcases how beef can be incorporated into a healthy eating pattern, distributing protein intake evenly throughout the day. Each daily menu is based on a 2,000-calorie diet and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and a morning and afternoon snack.
Beef and Health
Beef has an abundance of nutrients like B-vitamins, zinc, iron and protein and comes in such a delicious package with relatively few calories. Among the many delicious benefits you get from enjoying lean beef, one of the most remarkable is its role in supporting health. Read more about beef and health in this article from BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
Mediterranean Beef & Veggie Wraps
Turn leftover cooked beef, tortillas, hummus and veggies you have on-hand into a quick and healthy lunch. In about 10 minutes you've got an easy, portable Mediterranean beef wrap made with common ingredients and fresh vegetables.
Beyond the special memories around the table and the tasty delights we experience across a lifetime, the foods we eat also provide our bodies with fuel to thrive and grow. From toddlers to teenagers to busy, active adults to pregnancy to fueling life as we age, beef is part of a balanced plate offering high-quality protein that helps build and maintain muscles and offers 10 essential nutrients. Learn more about Beef For All Ages.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, president and CEO of the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation, is on a mission to get you to increase your fruit and vegetable consumption. And one of the ways to do this is by pairing produce with beef. "United on the plate," Kapsak said, "they're the ultimate culinary combo! It's like the chic little black dress meets the eye-popping statement accessory--you can't go wrong."
This traditional chili couldn't be any easier. Simply brown lean Ground Beef, add in pantry-friendly ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. The result? A chili that tastes like it's been cooking for hours. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association.